The Company began as a partnership between John Knight and George Butler in the late 1950’s. In October 1960 a private limited company was formed and the company produced steelwork from its factory in Lingfield, Surrey for both the Agricultural and Industrial sectors, through the remainder of the decade and in to the 1970’s. Towards the end of the 1970’s the company established itself as a company with an excellent and enviable reputation for successfully carrying out demanding and complex structures. In the 1980’s the company carried out a multitude of prestigious contracts including the National Gallery, the House of Lords and the complete structural refurbishment of the spectacular London Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints (Mormon Temple), familiar to anyone flying overhead on their final approaches in to Gatwick Airport, another location serviced by the company with a variety of structures. Moving on to the present day, the company continues to fill order books with projects in the health and educational sector together with a host of prestigious private developments too, including the complex frame for the Maggie’s Centre roof and the Battle of Britain Visitor Centre, ensuring the continuation of the company’s wide, varied and respected portfolio.